Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life changes

DH got his job eliminated so I don't want to TTC anymore but I will not prevent. I don't know how long it will take for him to find a new job so until I feel a little bit more secure I do not want to actively TTC. If we get pg w/out trying I know we will make it because I have that much will power but any who.

I went to see my general doc yesterday because after complaining about pain, swollen gland, and sweating, my co work suggested I get a blood test to check my thyroid. I hate blood work so I went to web to find if any of my symptoms were even related before I volunteered for blood work. At the visit all my vitals and such were normal and she did not think my thyroid was swollen but we did the test anyway. She wanted to do a pg test after I told her how much pain I was in when AF came she was suspecting a possible m/c but after a week since AF I would not think there would have been any HCG but even if there was what good would that do me? DH was mad at me for not wanting to know and even had the nerve to tell me how I stressed out and stress could have triggered it. Up to AF I was not stressed, nervous because AF was late and I did not know if I was pg or not but the stress came this week when he lost his job.

Today my Doc called and did say that I have a hyperthyroid and called in a script for me. She knew that we have been TTC for a year now and did tell me that once we get my thyroid in check I should have an increased chance of getting pg. Once we do start actively ttc, I will wait for a good few months of my thyroid to be at a normal level before I get worked up about it taking so long. Now hopefully I can remember to take my pill everyday, at the same time. I failed doing this with bcp but now it seems that I have to do it to get pg eventually. I already give my kitty Stich his thyroid pill everyday so DH switched pill shifts so Stich and I will be pill buddies in the morning.(we both now have the same condition)

No comments:

Post a Comment